I'm Back :) And with a little dining room update

I just checked to see when I last posted, and I decided that more than likely I have been blacklisted from all followers for not updating my blog, oh, lets say....for like 4 months? Its crazy how time flies and how life just seems to catch up with you.

I figured I should probably redeem myself and post like a mad women from here on out, but I can't promise anything. Although I will try my best to keep up to date.

This next project was actually done before Christmas time but its still up today, I figure it will carry itself past Valentines...at least thats what I'm telling myself.

Here is what my dining room looked like just after we moved in. Yep, pretty boring huh. (yawn)

I tried to spice it up.....
Worked for a little bit. But then winter came around, and it needed some warmth.
This is where my next project came in. I bought some cheap fabric, got to work with my sewing machine. Grabbed some of this....
And some of that....
And....perfection :)
When I first conjured up this idea, I thought it was going to be a lot easier than it really was. But I'm glad it finally came together. The problem I have is that I love slip covers on chairs, but these chairs (as you can see) are.humungous.I.mean.two.big.butts.can.fit.on.one.humungous. And that means, there is no way to try to get any standard chair cover on these things (believe me, I've tried). So, instead of embarking on the daunting task of actually sewing full slip covers myself, this was my solution.
I added about a foot of  fabric to the top of each chair, and thankfully because of the humungous chairs (see previous thought) I was able to add pillows for comfort and a little extra charm.
I just stenciled on the fleur de lis with some fabric paint.
Added a little something extra to the two end chairs...
And my meant.to.be.only.one.hour.project.but.turned.out.to.be.one.that.spanned.over.a.week.project finally was done :)

1 comment

happy DIYing! Alicia