The below post may contain affiliate links.
I decided that the best way to go through this is room by room. So, let's start with the living room.
LIVING ROOM STORAGE
1. The best way to maximize storage is to use dual purpose furniture, like storage ottomans. You can put pillows, blankets, magazines, toys, DVDs...whatever you wish in these things.
8. This is pretty much a living room and can be considered as much when talking about storage :) Once again, my baskets are the best storage thing ever. This one just has a whole bunch of blankets.
9. And this storage cabinet from Target is one of the best storage solutions also. I have all my papers in the top and books in the bottom.
10. You can also see on this table that I use boxes for decor everywhere. These aren't just for looks, they have actually have stuff in them too :)
11. And to talk about dual function furniture, this couch is actually a bed and has a ton of storage in it too! Check out this post to see more about it :)
toy storage in a past post, and this is still one of my favorite little places to stash toys away.
This houses all the kitchen toys and food. This little piece of furniture works hard! ..and it's pretty :) I got this bench from Target.
toy storage solutions in this post here.
My dining room is big. I'm so thankful for that! And since it is big, it has plenty of space to work hard in the storage area also.
16. I got rid of my old buffet that had absolutely no storage, and made this from a couple of Ikea dressers. They work hard too!
18. As I mentioned before, my kitchen has no pantry. Well, it has a single cabinet that isn't even a foot wide that acts as a 'pantry'. It's pathetic. So, I decided a few years ago to use this cute little cabinet and create a pseudo pantry.
19. For our entry, I made sure to find a table that fit into our little nook. It's a great place for keys and the dog's leashes.
21. And me and my husbands shoes, the ones that are used often, are found in this other little corner of our entry in cube storage. Top's mine, the bottom is his.
22. Functional nightstands are a must when you have limited storage space in our house. I use our nightstand drawers for everything! This is also an Ikea dresser that I hacked into this apothecary style nightstand.
skirted console table for additional storage. This is also for diapers, tissues, magazines, books....lots of stuff.
27. Before our nursery came around, it used to be my office and a guest room. I found the best way to store all my office supplies and craft items were to do it on shelves behind these curtains. I love this room back then! Plus, I made a window seat using a shelf and laying it on it's side. Those cubbies were used to store extra towels and what not for guests.
28. My laundry room is just a pass through room into our garage, so it is very tight. To take up less space on the floor, I got these hanging baskets from Amazon and hung them up for dirty clothes.
29. And of course, the other side of the laundry room has shelves that I use for household tools, laundry stuff, light bulbs, and other random stuff too. I put most of these in labeled boxes.
I hope something on this lists helps you if you have a need to maximize your storage space!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."