Friday, February 19, 2016
knock-off crate and putting a buffet with drawers in it's place. Half the drawers would be used for dining stuff, the other half my office stuff and craft supplies for the kids. So, this was like last Fall I decided this. For Christmas I asked for assembled Tarva dressers from Ikea. "Assembled" being the the key word. Well, I got two of them...not assembled. So, there they sat in my front room since Christmas. That was until two days ago when I finally decided to put them together....
Once they were assembled, the fun part finally came. It was time to transform them into something I would love for our house. These things are just so amazing and versatile; it's great. To start filled the holes, and painted the whole thing Swiss Coffee White by Behr. Then I knew I didn't want them as tall as they came, so I cut down all the legs to the height of the 1x4 pieces of wood I was going to put on the trim. I think they ended up being about 3.5" in height.
To do the pulls, I drew out a template on a piece of paper. I folded it in half, then in half again. I then measured in 6" from the outside side and put a fold there. That's the line where my pulls would go. Then where the vertical line met the horizontal lines, that's where the holes would go. You can see my marks and lines on the bottom paper to see how I did it. To do the other side of the drawers, I just flipped the paper over and used the holes that I made from using it on the other side.
Tarva hack by clicking here :)