Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.”
Well, the search for the first rug. There's a second rug to go. I've been wanting a rug for my bedroom too. So, I've been on a crazy high search for large very inexpensive rugs.
I tried to stay under $150 for my budget. So, most of these rugs are around that number, some even cheaper. But, some rugs are just too beautiful and it may be worth spending a little more :) So, here's what my search came down to. All of these rugs are currently (as of today) listed under $250, most of them under $200.
I do have 6 of these rugs in my current possession right now, and have seen another so I'll let you know what I think of them too :) I'll try to link to pictures or post pictures, but the posted pictures are going to be very non-professional..warning :)
Also, just a note, on the rugs I haven't seen, I can't account for quality. And a lot of these rugs are indoor/outdoor so they are little more friendly when you have pets and kids but probably not as soft :)
1:This rug is from Target. It's the Maples Fretwork Area Rug - Tan. It's 7'x10' for $149.99
I have this rug in a 5x7 in my front room. If I had known it came in a 7x10 online, I would have bought it :) I love this rug. The color is pretty true, maybe a little bit lighter. You can see it in this post here. It is a thinner rug. There's not much traffic in that room, so I can't account for how it holds up in high traffic areas, but so far, it's been the perfect rug for the space :)
4. The Stockholm Rug from Ikea. It's 5'7 x 7'10" and is $199. It's the smallest rug here but I can't get over the color and pattern. It is a low or might even be no pile rug also and would probably never match my house either. But sometimes, I really like yellow and really like the idea of putting yellow in my house. The best part is that this 'yellow' is really a deep hue so it's not too overpowering.
5. The Safavieh Cream and Beige Area Rug. It's 8'x10' and is $234.89 currently on Amazon. I can't tell you how much I love Safavieh rugs. I own one right now (rug #6) and love it. It's medium/pile and super soft. This was actually the rug I was going to get for my bedroom when I found rug #6 instead. I'm still thinking this might be a contender for the living room.
6. The Safavieh Shag Rug (it doesn't really give a good name other than that but the number is SG462-1113). It is an 8x10 for $247.49. I own this rug and love it. As I said before, it's super soft. I haven't had it for very long, so I can't account for the wear and tear. It's true to color, and I might say looks better in person.You see more of the cream than the brown in person.
7. This rug is sold on Amazon by Designer Rugs. It's 7'8"x10'11" and is 99.95 I can't attest for this rug at all, but I really like the design :)
9. The Mohawk Home Crisscross Lines Woven Rug. It's 8x10 and is currently on sale for $149.47. And yes, this is a Walmart rug. Who knew? :) I bought this rug twice, and it the shipment was cancelled twice. So I bought it again and it finally shipped. Yay! The color is not the true color at all. Boo :( But, it's not a bad color either. This color looks like a grayish beige but in reality it is very beige. More brownish goldish beige. Not quite the color I was looking for my living room (which I bought it for), but it looks great in my bedroom. Which was a big mistake, cuz now I have to figure out which one I like more, this rug or rug #6. This rug also comes in 4 different colors. It is low pile and super soft :)
Here's the rug in my bedroom. The color actually appears a lot lighter in this pictures. It's a little bit darker than this. but you can see the color difference already compared to the picture above.10. The Mohawk Home Hampton Woven Area Rug. 8x10 for 149.47 currently on sale...at Walmart...again :) I bought this rug when rug #9 kept getting cancelled on me. I bought it in the beige color which is almost true to color, maybe it's a little lighter than what shows online. But, the design on this rug was way to large. Way way to large....at least for me. When I put it under my sofa and ottoman, you could barely make out the design. And it made me feel like it was in a furniture store for some weird reason. Not for me, but it was probably the beige that threw it off. This slate color is beautiful. It has comes in 4 different colors. This is also low pile and super soft, softer than rug #9.
Here it is in beige in my living room:
I forgot to take a picture with it under the furniture, but here it is next to my current rug for reference in pattern size. This color still isn't quite right compared to it in person. But you can see the difference compared to the current rug that is more of a grayish brown compared to this goldish brown.
13. And if the other style of chevron tickles your fancy, then go for the nuLOOM Modern Chevron indoor/outdoor rug. Also a 7'10x10'10 for $178.66 from Overstock.Comes in grey and blue.
14. The Safavieh Grey/Bone Indoor Outdoor rug. 8x11'2 for $197.09. I love this rug. Lots. I love how casual it is
15. The Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Courtyard rug. 8x11 for $195.99 on Overstock. I love the pattern on this rug. I have this earmarked for a great rug for my outdoor patio.
16. The Safavieh Courtyard Moroccan Style Indoor-Outdoor Rug. It's an 8x11'2 for $218.99. Now this is a large scale pattern once again, so it's probably not something that will show up with a lot of furniture on it. But I love this rug...as it seems that I love all the other rugs lol
17. The Safavieh Indoor Outdoor Courtyard Rug, 8x11 for $190.79. I like this rug since it's like rug #16 but smaller scale :) This is also a contender for the patio, but would be a contender also for the living room if I could find it in a lighter color.
18. The Safavieh Hand Loomed Cedar Brook Citron/Ivory Cotton Rug. It's 7'3x9'3 for $194.99. Who doesn't love a little pattern? If I were to go with color and pattern, this would be the rug I would choose. I'm completely drawn to it for some reason. Love it.
Follow me on Pinterest as I will be pinning more and more reasonably priced large area rugs.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”