Mother's Day is just around the corner!
And by some miracle, I'm not doing this last minute :)
I'm amazed at myself.
Here's one of the gifts I'll be giving to my mom.
This came in under $5. Can't beat that, huh?
2x4 cut to whatever size you want.
I cut my 'letter' blocks ranging from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches.
The bottom piece is 15 inches.
Multiple pieces of coordinating paper.
Paint for wood.
1. Cut wood to size (if not already cut).
2. Paint wood coordinating color of paper, I picked 'Linen'.
3. Cut coordinating paper a smidge bit smaller than the face of the wood blocks.
4. Brush decoupage medium on face of wood block and press piece of paper to block. Let dry.
5. Sand edges of block and paper.
6. Stencil and cut out paper to fit wood letter cutouts. Decoupage paper to letters.
7. Hot glue letters to face of wood blocks.
8. Stain edges of letters and wood blocks:
9. Accessorize with ribbon, tacks, flowers, etc.
I cut out the bottom letters with my Cricut and decoupaged them onto the bottom piece of wood.
I just cut the stem and wire off of the flower and hot glued it to the wood block.
This only took a little under 2 hours.
I hope she is too :)
I picked the 'quote' on the bottom because it is completely my mom's motto.
She enjoys life to the fullest and loves every minute of it!