This project is sooo easy. If you have scrap wood lying around your house, more than likely you'll have enough to through this baby together. And since it's 'shabby chic' aka 'I'm lazy and don't like sanding', you don't have to make this look perfect :) The more beat up the better!
Here are the supplies:
- 2 pieces of wood cut to the same measurements. Mine are 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". I used a 2x6 board and a cedar plank board for this. You can use a cedar plank for both or a 2x6 for both. However you want it to look.
- One 2x4 cut squared, so about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Four 'legs' cut the same height. You can use a 1x2 or a 2x2 for this. I cut mine 8 inches high
- One 1x2 cut square (not pictured)
- Wood glue
- Screws (if you plan to actually hang this)
Step three: Secure the 2x4 piece on top of the piece in step 2, make sure it is centered.
You can probably tackle this project in about an hour if you aren't making dinner or wrestling around with the kiddos :)
Now I'm just warning you that more lanterns are probably in my future, so I hope you like them as much as me :) Fall and Christmas porches just scream the need for lanterns.