Now that I have my new fireplace surround, I can actually place wood by it without it looking funny. The nice browns of the wood just didn't look right to the weird mauve color of the existing surround.
And since now I can put wood by it, why not make a container for it? See these projects practically make me make them. haha.
And because we have soooo much chicken wire left from our chicken coop (which I will soon show you! we only have a couple more things to do to it before its camera ready :) ), i got a scrap piece of it. I didn't really care how tall it was, just as long as one of the edges was a finished edge.
So, once I got to the end, I used the wire cutters to cut the excess wire off. I made sure that the wire overlapped by about one hexagon.
I then used the loose wire ends on both pieces and wrapped them around the other piece to secure the wire.
Next, is to spraypaint!
I wanted to bring in more color, so I painted the thing blue. Put it in the house. It looked silly.
So, I repainted it white.
Much better :)
Even though I have a gas fireplace, I don't really care that I have wood sitting there that will never end up in said fireplace :) its the ambiance it creates that I love.
I can't wait to show you have in store for one of my next posts! I finally figured out what to do with my end tables :)