Here's the best before I can find of them all together.Well, since the coffee table was moved out, all that remained in the living room were the side tables. These side tables looked awesome! when the coffee table was still there, but a little out of place without it. I've been wanting to change them since I changed the coffee table, but didn't know what direction to go in. I knew I didn't want to do the matchy-matchy thing again. Especially cuz it would look utterly ridiculous having tree stumps for my side tables and for my coffee table, 'know what I mean???
Side table beforeSo, I went through a few ideas in my head about what I could do. I never got around to making those, so I figured they were useless ideas☺Cuz usually when I get an idea, I have to do it right.a.way. Like. That minute. I sleep thinking about it. With these ideas, totally didn't go through that process. So. Obviously I would hate them if I made them. Right? Obviously. haha. Aaaaanyways.
Then I tried an Ikea table that I got for twenty bucks. Looked hilarious. Husband hated it and for good reason this time☺
So, on went my adventure. Until one night, I was trying to get to bed, and my imagination went berserk. Don't you hate that??? This happens to me all the time. Like, why can't I think of things while I'm fully awake and can actually remember them??
So, the next day, went the good ol' Home Depot and got myself some wood! I ended up making two tables out of these, two different styles, the other one I will show you soon.
So, here's the supplies I used:
....Miter Saw....Nail Gun...2x6 pieces of wood....1x2 pieces of wood....Screws and Drill...wood stain...polyurethane...
First was to figure out what size I wanted everything. I really had no idea. haha. I just knew I wanted it to be smaller than my current side tables, so I kind of took some educated guesses from there.
The bottom piece consisted of 3 pieces of 2x6 cut at 25 inches each. I stacked these side by side, and secured them on one end with a 1x2 which was the same length as all of them put together. I just did this with my nail gun.
I then took one top piece of wood and put its mitered edge against one side piece of wood. Made sure it was square in the middle, and secured the joint with my nail gun. I did this to all the top and side pieces.
After all the craziness, time to stain! I used Minwax's dark walnut. Put a coat on, let it sit, then took a rag and wiped off the excess. After it was dry, I put a coat of polyurethane on.
This table took a little less than three 8' 2x6's. Which is a little under $12. Everything else I had on hand! Much better than anything you can buy at RC Willey☺
Linked to: I Heart Naptime Under the Table and Dreaming Between Naps On The Porch The DIY Showoff