Okay. First things first.
To finish up last week's order of business.
After much scouring...
I found the fabric!
I had to go into the next town.
But. I found it.
So. My lamp shade is now happy :)
And so am I.
Especially because now I don't have to unstitch the pillow cover I made out of the original left over fabric I made here.
Now on to today's order of business.
I decided that I needed to add a little pizazz to the mantel in our family room.
The ceilings are like 20 somethin' feet high and I have nothing on them. So there's a lot of empty space.
But I think I like it. I kept everything down low so it seemed more cozy.
But. I decided because I have so much unused height, I needed to make up for it.
And for some reason.
I made up for it this way:
You can barely see it, but its a long twirly winding branch that goes pretty high on the mantel next to the picture.
I liked it. But I thought it may have competed with the willow branches in the 'hole' next to fire place.
And my husband thought it looked like a witches
claw hand stretching up the wall.
I'm not sure where he got that idea.
But I guess I kind of agree.
But all in all. It has stayed like this for quite some time.
Here's the goods to make it:
I found this 'vase' for like $3.
The flower foam stuff was from the dollar store and so was the moss.
The spray glue I already had on hand.
Put them all together and you get this:
Now that I look at it in retrospect, I should have used a bigger vase.
So, since my husband got his way....months and months down the road.
And mainly because I change things up pretty often.
And also because I knew this room below needed some extra pizazz too.
And I like to add nature into my living spaces.
Here are the 'witches hands' in our front room: