It's been a crazy week around here and to top it off, our pup got sprayed by a skunk last night. Not fun. I had no idea that fresh skunk didn't smell like skunk at all. My house smells like old greasy chemicals. It's disgusting. Luckily, I think it's going away. It's really not the best smell to fall asleep to though. As for Max, he at least got his much needed bath that he hasn't had in awhile lol. I guess there's an upside to everything :)
I shared with you a few months ago my updated guest bathroom and how I did the top half. Now today, I'll show you how I did the bottom half.
I then topped off the vertical pieces with the horizontal pieces. Nailing each piece into a stud.
For the ledge, which I think makes something good look great, I used a smaller width mdf (1x2). I laid the pieces down on top of the horizontal pieces already attached to the wall making a ledge.
To finish it off even more, I used some decorative corner molding right under the 1x2.
After painting, I filled in the seams with some white caulk to give it a more finished look.