I have this problem you see. A problem of taking too many pictures. I don't want to be one of those people who take all the pictures just to live on their sd card or computer. Which has happened already. So, I went through and printed all the pictures. Gigs and gigs worth. And now I need a place to put some of them. So I guess, really, instead of having them live on my computer, they will now live in a shoebox. Oh well lol. Well...some of them will live on my walls. That brings me to my next project, a simple gallery wall.
I had a nice blank wall that made itself very apparent when I moved my sectional from the front room. I played around with mirrors and another large picture, but finally decided on doing a gallery wall. A simple way to use up more pictures, right?
First, I took some paper, measured to the size of the frame, folded the top quarter in half just a little bit, enough to make a 'middle' mark or line. I made 12 of these since I had 12 frames.
Next, I just picked a random height that I thought looked good. I marked the middle picture of the top row. I then measured 12 inches from the mark on both sides, made sure it was level and marked the wall. This gave me the points for the rest of the row. To get an idea of the height, I taped some paper up on the marks. The middle line of the paper matching up with the mark on the wall.
Next, I measured down 12 inches from the first mark, then 12 inches again, and again until I had 4 rows.
I did this the same on the two sides. I made sure they were level going across...
I finished taping all the paper onto the wall at each mark.
This gave me the perfect visualization of the gallery wall without having to make any holes in the wall :)
Now, I laid out my photos on the floor to get the 'right' look. The lighter images were in the middle row, and the more colorful on the outside rows. Usually I go for all sepia toned images or all black and white, but I think with the frames being all uniformed, it brought the collection together perfectly :)
So, the cost of this wall was sadly $36. A little more than I would like to think about :) But I really like how it turned out! Probably could have done this a lot cheaper if I just didn't like these frames so darn much :) Worth the investment to get the frames you want if you ask me!...plus I didn't have to waste time spray painting anything lol.
You can see in this photo the height I decided on. Perfect enough that I can add a row below or above...or both...if I ever wanted too :)
Now to see if I can finish this room up once and for all (I say that very sarcastically because we all know that is never going to happen lol)