Thursday, May 23, 2013
Talking of the babe, this project actually got inspired because of her. I was sitting there, feeding her and had nothing better to look at except a doorway's width of our bathroom and smack dab in the middle of it was our hand towel holder. I had just finished redoing the mirror and counter and was admiring what I could see of it, and then I started looking more and more at the holder. I kept thinking that I should monogram the towels, then this idea came to me. So, this project is compliments of the babe :)
First, take your towel holder off the wall. Usually they are secured with a little tiny screw, so just undo that screw with a little tiny flat head screwdriver.
2. I folded the paper in half twice, so quartered it. Then took some scissors and cut out a small rectangle out of the middle.
3. I place the paper on the hardware to make sure it was the right size, not too big, and not too small.
4. I then traced the paper size and middle cut out piece onto a piece of fabric.
5. I folded the fabric into quarters.
6. I cut out the middle rectangle
7. I secured with glue the fabric on top of the piece of paper, just to give the fabric some stiffness.
8. Lastly, I secured the fabric/paper onto the frame with some tape.
And then...I placed the frame onto the hardware, secured the frame to the wall with a nail, and then placed the towel holder back onto the hardware and screwed it back on.
You can also just secure the fabric to the wall and then get some molding and place it around it. Make it whatever size you want! Or get an oval frame and do this. That would be awesome :) Especially if it was super ornamental. Have fun!